Power System Operation and Analysis
A tantárgy neve magyarul / Name of the subject in Hungarian: Villamosenergia-rendszerek üzeme és vizsgálata
Last updated: 2019. március 13.
Energy Engineering MSc
A fenti forma a Neptun sajátja, ezen technikai okokból nem változtattunk.
A kötelező előtanulmányi rendek grafikus formában itt láthatók.
Aim of the subject is to extend the knowledge of Energy Engineers in power system engineering topics. The students will learn about power system topologies and network elements; models of the various grid elements for network calculation purposes and about the network calculation algorithms themselves; concepts describing stationary and transient operation of power systems; network faults, their modeling and the basics of protection systems to overcome the issues originating from these faults; network operation.
The students will learn about the following topics during the lectures and exercises:
1. Modeling of the power system; network components and their substituent models.
2. Basic algorithms used during network calculations.
3. Characteristics of steady-state operation, limits of power transmission.
4. Voltage and frequency regulation principles and means to do these regulations.
5. Faults in power systems and their models for network calculations.
6. PBasic protection system principles.
7. Power system operation principles, modern SCADA/EMS systems.
8. Transient phenomena in power systems.
During the semester: 2 written tests. Both tests have to be passed to get a grade at the end of the semester.
Attendance at at least 70% of the exercises is mandatory.
During the exam session:
1. Material available on the webpage of the subject.
2. J. Duncan Glover, Mulukutla S. Sarma, Thomas J. Overbye, Power system
analysis & design, Cengage Learning; 5th edition (January 3, 2011),
Dr. Csaba Farkas
Department of Electric Power Engineering