A tantárgy neve magyarul / Name of the subject in Hungarian: Felhő alapú hálózatok
Last updated: 2018. január 12.
MSc degree program in Computer EngineeringInternet Architecture and Services Main Specialization
A cloud platform is a complex system, its architecture
consists of many different technological building blocks, where cloud
networking has an important and emerging role. The lectures present the types
of cloud computing platforms, the different service models, the applied
technologies and management methods focusing mainly on the networking aspects.
The networking background of cloud architectures, including network
virtualization, tunneling techniques, data center network topologies and the
application of Software Defined Networking in clouds are presented. The special
requirements of clouds that can provide telecommunication services in the form
of Network Function Virtualization are also discussed.
1. Introduction to cloud architectures: background,
properties, components, advantages and challenges.
2. Cloud service models: Infrastructure, Platform, Software
as a Service; Public, private and hybrid clouds; Cloud computing, cloud
storage, cloud networking
3. Virtualization technologies: abstraction, resource
partitioning, virtual machines, virtualization platforms.
4. Network virtualization: virtual nodes and links,
tunneling, network isolation; Network virtualization platforms.
5. Data Plane Virtualization. Virtual switching (Open
vSwitch - OVS). Packet processing by software.
6. Cloud Data Center Network technologies and topologies.
7. Networking in OpenStack.
8. Software Defined Networking (SDN) in cloud virtual
networks, dynamic and scalable networking, automation.
9. Load balancing and scaling in cloud, optimization of
10. Network Function Virtualization, ETSI NFV model, service
chaining, cloudification of middlebox functions.
11. Cloud management and orchestration platforms, resource
12. Linux containers, container based virtualizaton.
13. Workflow with containers, container networking.
14. Special requirements of clouds to provide telecom grade
services: real time operation, availability, secure communication, service
isolation, scalability, SLA management.
Timely submission of a homework based on a practical assignment.
in the examination period, prerequisite is a satisfactory level for the homework.