Business and Financial Analytics
A tantárgy neve magyarul / Name of the subject in Hungarian: Üzleti és pénzügyi elemzés
Last updated: 2018. március 9.
Business information MSc
Specialization Analitical Business Intelligence
KÓSA, Zsuzsanna PhD associate professor Department of Telecommunications and Mediainformatics
SIMON, Csaba PhD assistant professor Department of Telecommunications and Mediainformatics
Basic financial and business
knowledge, definitions related to investing and debts
A fenti forma a Neptun sajátja, ezen technikai okokból nem változtattunk.
A kötelező előtanulmányi rendek grafikus formában itt láthatók.
No obligatory preliminary courses are expected.
course is the successor of the course BMEGT35M403.
those who has got credits on BMEGT35M403, are excluded from the course.
general goal is to evaluate the value of the firms from outside based on
theory, and help the investing decisions based on external evaluation. Special
topics are: evaluation of securities
based on risk and return, portfolio evaluation. Analyze the frequent cases is
business, like direct industrial investment, investment through security
market, loan providing to partners. Participants should recognize the
unrealistic offers and transactions, an find compromised solutions.
• Indicators to define the value and risk of
• Possibilities to capitalize a firm
• Scoring of loan requests and loan offers
• Risk of exchange rates, risk of having
o Case study: investing at high level of debt
• Financial behaviour: behaviour of different
• Features and risk of nonfinancial
• Financial investments, different types of
securities, security market, financial market
• How to define price for securities bascet
pricing, prediction of prices
o Case study: introduction of a firm to a
• Risk descriptions, risk and yield
expectations, risk-reduction, calculation of expected return
• Portfolio and security selection based on
• security market, return, forecasting return
• Theory of portfolio, options, selection of
o Case Study: Issuing corporate bonds
• Interest-based securities,
• Government bonds, evaluation of country
risk and inflation,
• Pricing corporate bonds, securities with
o Case Study: long term savings for pension
• Predictions of bankruption with financial
• modelling komplex data-intenzive problems
Lecture with interactive opportunities to put questions
a. During the semester: 1 midterm test.
b. In examing period: written exam with the possibility of
c. Preliminary exam possibility: none
d. Signature is given at 4 points or over from
the maximum 10 points of the midterm.
The midterm can be re-written during the semester at a given
date and time, and at the recup period in a second opportuniy at a given date
and tine, but with extra fee.
Before and after the lectures agreeing with the teachers
Bodie, Kane, Marcus: Investments, Mc Graw Hill 8. edition, 2009.
T. H. Davenport, J. G. Harris: Competing on Analytics: The New Science of
Winning, Harvard Business Press, 2007
• A. Kuznetsov, The complete guide to capital markets for
quantitative professionals, McGraw-Hill Professional, 2006
• E. A. Helfert: Techniques of Financial Analysis: A Guide to
Value Creation, Edition: 11, McGraw-Hill/Irwin, 2003
• G. T. Friedlob, L. L. F. Schleifer: Essentials of Financial
Analysis, John Wiley and Sons, 2003