Belépés címtáras azonosítással
magyar nyelvű adatlap
angol nyelvű adatlap
A tantárgy neve magyarul / Name of the subject in Hungarian: Informatika 2
Last updated: 2022. augusztus 26.
A student successfully finishing the course will have the theoretical knowledge to create a system consisting of multiple clients, server services, database server and embedded IoT devices using cloud based services. They will be able to implement the system in one specific framework.
Introduction (1 week)
- 1. week: introduction, demo, technology overview, using git version control (to be used during the laboratories)
Database topic (5 weeks)
- 2. week: database properties, expectations. Relational databases, schema and SQL basics
- 3. week: advanced SQL
- 4. week: database design, ER diagrams, schema
- 5. week: normal forms, indexes, ORM, transactions
- 6. week: further topics, object-relational mapping, noSQL databases
The Internet and its application layer (2 weeks)
- 7. week: Socket and applications above it: network layers, services of the Internet
- 8. week: application layer protocols: DNS, SMTP, POP3/IMAP, BitTorrent, FTP
Web applications (5 weeks)
- 9. week: The HTTP protocol and the basics of the web, HTML and CSS
- 10. week: simple server for dynamic web pages. Basics of PHP: generating HTML, database connection
- 11. week: querystring and POST parameters, HTML FORM, session handling
- 13. week: further topics, server in the cloud. Basics of cloud technologies, service levels (IaaS, PaaS, BaaS, SaaS), hosting and virtualization, Docker and Kubernetes basics, microservice architectures
- Design and creation of simple databases, insering data, query, SQL basics
- Advanced SQL queries, joining, grouping, aggregation, transactions
- Creating HTML pages and using CSS. Basic HTML tags and styles.
- Creating a PHP server service, dynamic web page with database connection
Alternating 4 and 2 hour lectures per week, 2 hour laboratory every second week.
The course takes advantage of the available written and video based materials. The full course material is not mentioned during the lectures, students are expected to learn the online materials as preparation for the lectures.
The homework is not mandatory, but it can give bonus points either to improve the grades or to receive iMSc points. If the final grade would not be 5, bonus points are used to reach the minimum points for a 5 and the remaining bonus points can be converted to iMSc points.
Failed mid-term exam can be repeated during the term and repeated again during the re-take week.
Failed laboratories can be re-taken by coordinating it with the teacher and if there is free capacity in other laboratory time slots. After the term labs cannot be retaken.
As the homework is not mandatory and provides bonus points, its re-take is not possible.
Dr. Kristóf Csorba, associate professor, AUT
- Dr. Márk Asztalos, associate professor, AUT
- Dr. István Vajk, full professor, AUT